The Leadership Louisville Center is now accepting applications for its Ignite Louisville program, which prepares high-potential young talent for expanded roles in their companies and communities. Presented by Norton Healthcare, the award-winning program has graduated over 1,000 rising leaders since 2004 and continues to hold distinctive place in influencing the skills, networks, and perspectives of our region’s upcoming leadership – more important today than ever. Applications are now open through July 23, 2021 for the next two classes. Upcoming classes will be from October 2021 – April 2022 and April – October 2022.
TWO OPPORTUNITIES are coming up to learn how Ignite Louisville produces higher performing talent, employee engagement & retention, and valuable business connections:
- Tuesday, June 29 from 8:30-9:30am, Virtual Overview hosted via Zoom RSVP HERE
- Wednesday, June 30 from 5-7pm, In-person Happy Hour Overview at Leadership Louisville Center, 707 W. Main St. RSVP HERE
Ignite Louisville is a six-month program that is the region’s premier talent development experience for up-and-coming leaders, driving program for the participants, their organizations, and the community. They enjoy exclusive access to leadership training from the Leadership Louisville Center and top partners including Norton Healthcare, Brown-Forman Corporation, the U.S. Army, David Novak Leadership Program, and Kindred Healthcare. In addition to the program’s core curriculum, Ignite Louisville teams participate in the Ignite Louisville Challenge and take on a project proposed by a local nonprofit, gaining hands-on experience performing on a team and serving the community. Benefits of the program include:
- Organizations gain higher performing talent: The structure of the Ignite Louisville program integrates over 100 hours in applied teamwork. It’s an environment that allows for flexibility, learning from mistakes, and adjustment. 93% of graduates report increased leadership capacity, bringing these practiced skills back to their workplace.
- Employee engagement and retention: Talent is more engaged at work when they feel prepared and confident in their positions. Millennials in particular prioritize constant development and involvement in community initiatives: 87% of millennials report that professional development opportunities are a top factor in their decision to stay at a company. 68% of millennials report wanting to make a positive difference in the world, and 78% say they want to work for companies whose values match their own.
- Valuable business connections: Connections are key to growing personal and organizational capacity. 93% of Ignite Louisville graduates report an improved professional network – forming deep connections while working with other high performers from a diverse set of industries and backgrounds. Ignite participants serve as representatives for their organizations, bringing exposure and recognition to employers for positively impacting the community and investing in the future of their up-and-coming leaders.
An Employer’s view of Ignite Louisville:
“Brown-Forman has been a long-time supporter of this program because we believe it is an excellent way to develop important skills for our up-and-coming leaders. Ignite Louisville teaches participants how to influence without authority, leverage diversity, diagnose issues, and lead change – skills that they practice with nonprofit agencies of their choosing. Our employees bring these leadership skills back to their day jobs and can apply their learning to the roles they have today and will have in the future.”
- Kirsten Hawley, SVP, Chief Human Resources Officer, Brown-Forman Corporation
Words from an Ignite Louisville Participant:
“Ignite Louisville was hands-down the best professional development I’ve done in years! I built a network of outstanding young professionals across the community, and I’ve been able to implement learnings from both the instructional content and the nonprofit project.”
- Nick Kues, CPA, CIA, Advisor, CPSS Strategy Advancement, Humana Inc.
About the Leadership Louisville Center:
The Leadership Louisville Center is the region’s most valuable resource for leadership development and civic engagement. With a purpose to inspire and equip leaders to be better and do better, it has graduated over 10,000 through its community leadership programs since 1979. The Center is recognized as a national best practice and is known for its dynamic programming and strong community connections. Programming includes five civic programs (Leadership Louisville, Focus Louisville, Ignite Louisville, Bingham Fellows and Encore Louisville), leadership skills training courses presented through the Leadership Green Room, and events designed to motivate positive change. Learn more at www.leadershiplouisville.org.
# # #